- to prepare the preliminary sketch or the plans for (a work to be executed), esp. to plan the form and structure of: to design a new home.
- to plan and fashion the form and structure of an object, work of art, decorative scheme, etc.
At Euclid Timber Frames our skilled designers can take your existing plans and work out a unique timber frame that fits into your plan. Or we can start from scratch and work from the ideas and photos you have collected to incorporate into your dream home. We also like to work with Architects from the preliminary design sketch through the construction drawings. What ever the starting point, we are committed to turning your dream into reality using Nature, Design, Craftsmanship and Technology.
Our design process is set up to be as simple as possible. Click on the links to learn more about designing a timber frame with us. Here's a preview of the contents in each section:
We use a state-of-the-art technology of 3D CAD software that can produce a very accurate model of the timber frame design. The Software interfaces with a Hundegger K2, the most sophisticated joinery machine on the market. This machine cuts to an exactness of 1/64 of an inch creating exceptional quality with tighter joints.
Before you know it, you'll be one step closer to making your timber frame dreams come true.
- the making of goods or wares by manual labor or by machinery, esp. on a large scale.
- to make or produce by hand or machinery.
Our manufacturing process begins with the design. Because the design software actually holds vital information for our Hundegger K2, we are that much further ahead in manufacturing your timber frame. The design will give us the exact timber sizes and lengths which helps us provide accurate and competitive estimates. We do not order any timbers until design is finalized. Once the design is complete we have all the information to order, fabricate and install a frame with reduced waste.
Our manufacturing process is a mixture of modern technology and old-world craftsmanship. Click on the links to learn more. Here's a preview of the contents in each section:
- Technology --- Our manufacturing process revolves around our state-of-the-art technology. This section introduces our Swiss-written software and our German-built machinery.
- Finishing --- Every piece of wood that leaves our shop has been hand-finished to meet your specification. This section describes several options for you to choose from.
- Raising --- Probably the more exciting part of our job. This is often one of those moments that take your breath away. This section describes the general raising process.